Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Turkey Chili


I love this recipe, my husband loves this recipe, overall, it is a winner. It makes a ton, which means that I don't have to cook for 3 nights in a row, which makes it even better. 



Serves: 8ish, but we make it and eat it for 3 days. My husband is 6'5" and weighs 230lbs, so I say he eats for 2.  
Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 onion chopped
1.25 lbs ground turkey
3 15-oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 cup tomato sauce
2 15-oz cans of kidney beans, drained
1 15-oz can of black beans, drained
1/4 cup chili flavoring, I used Penzey's chili 3000
1 tsp oregano if it isn't in your chili mix
1 Tbs ancho chili powder
1 Tbs cumin
1-2 Tbs chopped garlic, we really like garlic
pepper to taste

If I have them laying around the fridge and feel the need to use them up, I also add bell pepper, jalapenos, poblanos or any other pepper I have floating around. Two cups frozen corn is also a yummy addition.

Are you ready for the really difficult directions? Here you go:
1. Brown onions and turkey together in a least a 6 quart pot. 
2. Add everything else in the order shown and heat for 15 minutes. This is best if you let it sit in the fridge overnight. Top with your favorite toppings before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment