Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes if on grill, forever and a year if on the stove/oven (about 45 minutes)
2 medium carrots
1 medium zucchini
1.25 lbs ground turkey
1-3 Tbs of whatever mixed seasoning suits your fancy at the time (1 Tbs if using spices,3 Tbs if using herbs, I used 2 tsp Penzeys Arizona Dreaming this time around)
1. If you don't have a grill, heat the oven to 350
2. Shred the carrots and zucchini in the food processor.
4. Shape into 6 patties
6. If you don't have a grill, brown each side of each patty on a nonstick pan over medium heat (about 2 minutes per side) and place on a cookie sheet. If you have a grill, grill these, but be careful, they fall apart easily.
7. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping the patties at about 10 minutes. I bake mine on a wire rack, but you you don't have to. Do line your pan with foil or it will be a mess. Put cheese on during the 2 minutes if you are using it.
8. Top with your favorite toppings and eat. I did pepper jack cheese, guacamole, roasted red peppers and tomato and lettuce and it was yummy. Don't worry, I did figure out how to fit it all in my mouth. :-)